- 1/2 pound pitted olive mix in oil, from olive bar
- 1 loaf Italian semolina bread, preferably round
- 1/4 pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/3 pound imported mortadella, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound salami, thinly sliced
Pulse the olive mixture in a food processor until roughly chopped. Cut the bread in half lengthwise, scoop out some of the bread from the top and bottom of the loaf and then spread both sides with the olive mixture. On the bottom half of the bread, evenly distribute half the cheese, all of the mortadella, all of the salami and the remaining half of the cheese and place the top of the bread back on. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place a heavy pan on top with a brick on top of that. Let sit for 3 hours. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.
What to toss in if you have it: You can always add another cheese to this. Why not try mozzarella?
BYOC: You can add heat by choosing a spicy marinated olive.
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, 2010