Clam and Scallion Pancakes (Jogae Pa Jon)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh cherrystone clams, chopped
- 2 bunches scallions (white parts only), cut into batons
- 2 tablespoons serrano or green Thai-bird chilies, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, water, and egg whites until the batter is smooth. Stir in the clams, scallions, and salt. To a heated pan, add the oil. Scoop 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan to form pancakes about 3-inches in diameter. Let cook for about 3 minutes per side until golden.
To make the sauce, combine all sauce ingredients. Serve the pancakes immediately with the sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.