- 4 tablespoons diced onion
- 4 tablespoons diced red and green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 36 littleneck clams, shucked, juice and shells reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 slices bacon
Fry the onions, peppers, and celery in 1/2 tablespoon of the butter. Add vermouth and turn heat halfway down. Add the remaining butter and let melt. Add hot sauce, Worcestershire, and lemon juice. Add bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of reserved clam juice. Remove mixture from heat and cool.
Place the stuffing mixture in the shells on top of each clam and sprinkle with parsley. Top with 3/4 slice of bacon. In a medium-hot cast iron pan or griddle pan, place clams, bacon side down, and cook until browned and bacon is crispy. Flip over and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Christopher Roberts
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller