- 4 tablespoons diced onion
- 4 tablespoons diced red and green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 36 littleneck clams, shucked, juice and shells reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 slices bacon
Fry the onions, peppers, and celery in 1/2 tablespoon of the butter. Add vermouth and turn heat halfway down. Add the remaining butter and let melt. Add hot sauce, Worcestershire, and lemon juice. Add bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of reserved clam juice. Remove mixture from heat and cool.
Place the stuffing mixture in the shells on top of each clam and sprinkle with parsley. Top with 3/4 slice of bacon. In a medium-hot cast iron pan or griddle pan, place clams, bacon side down, and cook until browned and bacon is crispy. Flip over and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.