- 3/4 pound red ripe tomatoes (2 to 3)
- 2/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded (about 6 ounces)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces crustless French bread (about 3 cups coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Spanish OR very fruity olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- Garnish: About 6 finely-chopped Tablespoons each green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, cucumber, hard-boiled egg and olives; 3/4 cup small croutons
In a food processor or blender puree tomatoes, onions, garlic, cucumber, red pepper, bread, olive oil and vinegar until very smooth, 2 minutes or more. Refrigerate several hours.
Before serving, season with salt and pepper and strain through a sieve if desired. Thin with ice water if needed. Divide among 6 soup bowls and offer choice of garnishes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.