- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 6 ounces dark brown sugar
- 1 -ounce (2 tablespoons) passion fruit juice concentrate
- 13 ounces (1 5/8 cups) heavy cream
- 3 cups grated sweetened coconut
- 1 prebaked 9-inch tart shell
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, mix the eggs, lemon zest, sugar and passion fruit juice on low speed for 1 minute. Stir in the heavy cream, lemon juice and coconut. Pour the mixture into the tart shell and bake for 40 minutes.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alfredo N. Ayala, Las Vegas Restaurant