Coeur a la Creme with Raspberries
- Coeur a la creme:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Special equipment: 2 (1/3 cup) ceramic coeur a la creme molds and cheesecloth
To make coeurs: Beat together cream cheese, sour cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt with a hand-held beater electric mixer until smooth. Force mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl to remove any fine lumps.
Line molds with a single layer of dampened cheesecloth and divide cheese mixture among molds, smoothing tops. Fold overhanging cheesecloth over tops, pressing it lightly. Refrigerate molds in a shallow pan or dish (to catch drips) at least 4 hours.
Unmold coeurs and carefully peel off cheesecloth. Let coeurs stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. Spoon topping over coeurs.
Cooks' note: Coeurs may be chilled in molds up to 2 days, covered.