Cold Sliced Sirloin with Tomatoes and Garlic
- 3 pound beef sirloin steak
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Melt butter with 1/4 cup olive oil in large pan. Add beef and cook until medium rare, about 20 minutes. Cool for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Add olive oil, basil, tomato and garlic to a bowl. Mix and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Slice steak as thin as possible and serve with tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Rocco DiSpirito
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray