Cold Thai Beef Salad
I love making this salad the night after a big beef dinner. It's lighter and more refreshing than next-day beef sandwiches! The vegetables[ I've used vary every time, depending on what I have on-hand. Shrimp also works well, if you don't have beef.]
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups leftover beef (steak, brisket, etc.), thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
To make the Dressing: Mix together all the ingredients and chill.
To make the Salad: Mix together all the ingredients (except the sesame seeds) in a large bowl. Just before serving, toss the dressing with the salad and top with the sesame seeds.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.