Collards, Roasted Peppers and Artichoke Saute
You'll probably end up with some leftovers after dinner is over, but that's a good thing! Use them to fill out a meal later on in the week[, and take some of the pressure off yourself!]
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces diced prosciutto di Parma
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) jar roasted red pepper strips, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (1-pound) bag frozen collard greens, thawed, chopped, and drained well
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto, onion, garlic, roasted pepper, and artichokes and cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 minutes.
Add the collards and cook, stirring, until hot, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the lemon juice over everything and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of George Stella