Colorado Lamb and Couscous Crostini
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 small tomato, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces chorizo, removed from casing and sauteed until done
- 1 small seedless cucumber, peel on, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) boneless lamb loin, fat and silver skin trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for grilling
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Toasted crostini
Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the pine nuts on a sheet pan and toast until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside and leave oven on.
Bring beef stock to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add the butter and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork and place into a medium bowl. Stir in the toasted pine nuts, lemon zest and juice, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the chopped mint, chorizo, feta cheese and all but 3 tablespoons of the cucumber. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside to cool.
In a small bowl combine the cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Brush all sides of the lamb loin with the flavored oil.
Heat a saute pan big enough to hold the loin, brush with oil. Place the loin in the pan and cook, turning until seared on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a sheet pan to finish cooking in the oven, about 5 minutes.
Garnish with Yogurt Sauce and Fresh Mint.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.