- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 small tomato, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces chorizo, removed from casing and sauteed until done
- 1 small seedless cucumber, peel on, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) boneless lamb loin, fat and silver skin trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for grilling
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Toasted crostini
Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the pine nuts on a sheet pan and toast until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside and leave oven on.
Bring beef stock to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add the butter and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork and place into a medium bowl. Stir in the toasted pine nuts, lemon zest and juice, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the chopped mint, chorizo, feta cheese and all but 3 tablespoons of the cucumber. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside to cool.
In a small bowl combine the cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Brush all sides of the lamb loin with the flavored oil.
Heat a saute pan big enough to hold the loin, brush with oil. Place the loin in the pan and cook, turning until seared on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a sheet pan to finish cooking in the oven, about 5 minutes.
Garnish with Yogurt Sauce and Fresh Mint.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.