Colorado Quinoa with Caramelized Onions
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 to 3 Anaheim or Big Jim chile peppers (depending on heat preference), roasted and seeded
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve. Place in a pot with the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat immediately to low simmer and cook for 25 minutes. In a separate pan, saute onions in 2 tablespoons of the butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. When onions are soft and translucent, add the wine and cook until reduced and onions caramelize. Slice roasted chile peppers into 1/4-inch strips. In a separate pan, warm 1/4-cup olive oil and remaining 2 tablespoons butter, add cooked quinoa, tamari or soy sauce and parsley and continue to stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Place in serving dish, top with caramelized onions and chile pepper strips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.