Cooked Spinach Salad with Soy and Sesame
- 2 pounds spinach, well rinsed, thick stems removed
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 5 scallions, green parts only, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons good-quality soy sauce, such as Kikkoman
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Coarse (kosher) salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (see Note)
Wilt, drain, and squeeze dry the spinach. Chop the spinach into large, uneven pieces.
Place the garlic, scallions, vinegar, soy sauce, and oil in a large bowl and whisk thoroughly to combne. Add the spinach and toss to evenly coat the leaves. Season with a good squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper; taste and adjust the seasoning.
To serve, divide the salad among four bowls and sprinkle each with a portion of toasted sesame seeds.
Note: To toast the sesame seeds, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Scatter the seeds on a baking shseet and bake until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.