- 4 large Idaho or russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1 inch pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2 - inch thick slices
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch- thick slices
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss to mix well. Transfer to an oiled baking pan and bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Uncover, stir, and bake for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, or until tender. Place under a preheated broiler about 3 inches from the heat until golden brown.