- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Non-stick cooking spray
In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, chives, and butter. Add mixture to dry ingredients and mix together (with your hands) or pulse in a food processor until a manageable dough forms.Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead 1 minute. Roll dough out to 1/2-inch thickness and, using a biscuit cutter or upside-down glass, cut 8 biscuits (about 3 inches in diameter). Transfer biscuits to a baking sheet that has been coated with non-stick spray.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until puffed up and golden. Serve warm.