- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 4 cups vegetable stock, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
Place cooked squash and onion in a blender and add enough of the cooking liquid to cover by 2-inches. Blend until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, to taste. Add truffle oil. Blend a moment until oil is incorporated.
Remove puree from blender into saucepot and stir in enough of the remaining liquid to achieve desired consistency.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 cups water
Place all ingredients in a stockpot and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Strain and return liquid to pan. Reduce over medium-high heat to 4 cups.
Yield: 4 cups