- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, raw and ground
- 1/3 cup coconut, shredded natural
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped fresh
- 1/3 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skinned and boned
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hibiscus flowers, dry
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces butter, room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a mixing bowl, combine cashew nuts, coconut, chopped rosemary, and bread crumbs. Dredge the fillets of salmon in flour, then dip in beaten eggs. Next roll the fillets in the cashew, coconut, rosemary, and bread crumbs mixture. In a frying pan with hot olive oil, pan fry salmon fillets to desired doneness and set aside.
Hibiscus-Lime Sauce: For the preparation of the sauce, pour off the excess of the olive oil, keeping 1 tablespoon and saute the shallots and hibiscus flowers. Add white wine and reduce until almost dry, then add the heavy cream and reduce to half of its volume. Lower the heat and gradually add the butter, whisking at all times alternating with lime juice, until thoroughly incorporated, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Served with sliced encrusted salmon.