- 1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef
- 1 pound 90 percent lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon A1 steak sauce
- Seasoned salt and pepper
Place ingredients in large bowl and mix together by hand until well incorporated and meat has smooth consistency. Divide into 3 equal parts. Work meat into smooth balls. Then make into patties, make patties into a bi-concave disc with center approximately 50 percent the thickness of the edges. Grill to desired temperature. While grilling the patties shrink in diameter but thicken centrally so that you have a uniformly thick burger when finished.