- 2 pounds halibut steaks, about 1-inch thick (to be cut into 6-ounce serving
- 1/2 cup sweet white miso (shiro miso)
- 1/3 cup sweetened rice wine (mirin)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion greens
Prepare a medium-hot fire for grilling and place the grill about 3 inches above the coals. Remove the fish from the Miso Marinade, spreading the Marinade with your hands so that there is a light coating. Arrange the fish steaks on the grill and cook about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until the flesh is opaque all the way through. Alternatively you may broil the fish about 7-9 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes when prodded with a knife. The miso glaze should bubble and brown at the edges. Remove and serve with steamed rice and stir-fried or steamed vegetables.