- 1 honey dew or cantaloupe melon
- 1 cup orange juice
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as Chablis
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 10 mint leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 1/2 pint raspberries, gently washed
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
Cut off the ends of the melon to stabilize it on the cutting board, then remove the rind. Cut the melon in half and remove the seeds.
Cut half the melon into large chunks and place then in a blender with the orange juice, salt and wine. Add the honey if the melon is less sweet than you prefer. Blend until smooth, pour the mixture into a bowl, and stir in the chiffonaded mint; chill thoroughly in refrigerator.
Dice the remaining melon and add it to the soup. To serve, ladle the soup into chilled bowls and top with the raspberries and mint sprigs.