- 1 large head cabbage, rinsed and shredded
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small can diced pimento, undrained
- 1/2 cup pickled relish (sweet pepper relish)
- 1/2 cup very warm water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
Trim cabbage and rinse with cold water. Place in mixing bowl. Add onion, bell pepper. Add pimento and pickled relish, and season with salt.
Mix together water and vinegar. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Add to cabbage and mix well. Pat down and marinate overnight in refrigerator.