- One 3-pound bluefish, cleaned, head and tail removed, and butterflied
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/4 -inch thick slices
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a broiling pan with aluminum foil. Place the fish on the foil and sprinkle with the lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, garlic and parsley. Gradually add the olive oil, stirring with a fork, until the ingredients stick together. Evenly sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the fish. Arrange the lemon slices and the bread crumb mixture over the fish. Arrange the lemon slices in a slightly overlapping line down the middle of the bluefish, on top of the bread crumb mixture. Bake until the fish flakes away from the bone, about 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Set the oven on broil and return the fish to the oven. Broil until the bread crumbs are lightly toasted, about 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges if you like.