- 2 teaspoons juniper berries
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup white stoned grits
- 2 cups water
- 1 bouquet garni
Saute the onion in the butter and garlic. Add salt and pepper. Add the stone grits, water and bouquet garni. Bring it to a boil, then finish cooking in the oven for 30 minutes in a preheated 380 degree F oven.
Garnish for the grits:
- 1/4 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 branch celery, sliced and steamed
- 1/2 leek, sliced and steamed
- 1 roasted red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/3 cup carrots, steamed and diced
- 1/3 cup turnips, steamed and diced
- Salt, to taste
Cook the grits. Once cooked, add all the vegetables and mix well. Check the seasonings. Put aside.
Broth: 1 branch celery, sliced 1 carrot, sliced 1 red pepper, sliced 1/2 onion, sliced 2 teaspoons harissa Salt, to taste 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
Garnish: Whole grain mustard Sage, julienned
Boil all the vegetables in the chicken stock for 30 minutes. Put everything in the blender to make a puree. Check the seasoning. Strain and put aside.
Saute the pork in the peanut oil and salt until cooked medium. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Brush the pork with some whole grain mustard and sprinkle some julienne of sage. Put the grits in the middle of the plate and the sliced pork on top. Pour the broth around.