- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup crushed crackers (I use Ritz)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 1-ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound sole, scrod, perch or other mild-tasting fish fillets
- Lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a 9 by 13-inch pan in the oven. While it melts, combine everything else except the fish in a pie pan. Dip the fish around in the melted butter, dip each piece in the crumb mixture, and return it to the baking pan. Bake the fillets for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fish flakes with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges, and good luck to you.