- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 red beets, julienned
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 small hot pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 2 escarole hearts, coarsely chopped
Heat the oil in a saute pan, add the garlic and brown. Add anchovy, beets, black pepper, hot pepper, and parsley. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. 30 seconds before the pasta is finished cooking, add the escarole. Strain pasta and escarole together, and toss into the sauce. Serve, adding Parmesan, to taste.