- Dough for 1 medium pizza, thawed, if frozen
- 9 ounces pepperoni, sliced thinly
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced Sauteed
- 1 large onion, sliced, sauteed
- 1 red pepper, sliced, roasted
- 11/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil and parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven 475 degrees, with a pie stone or baking sheet inside.
On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 10 by 14-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with pepperoni, Sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, red peppers, leaving a 1-inch border on all side. Mix the cheese and the herbs together in a small bowl and sprinkle over toppings.
Roll the stromboli into a log. Seal the dough by pinching the edges and seam.
Sprinkle some cornmeal on a pizza paddle and place the stromboli, seam-side down on the paddle. Brush the stromboli with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil. Carefully place it on the preheated baking sheet or pizza stone. Turn down oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.