- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Leeks sliced, soaked, and drained
- Sunburst (patty pan) squash, cubed
- 1/2 cup zucchini, cubed
- 1/2 pound potatoes, cubed and blanched
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup sheep's milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red tomato, skinned and seeded (Italian plum, Brandywine)
Heat a 10-inch pan over medium heat. Add the oil. Saute the leeks until soft. Add the squash, zucchini, and potatoes. Cook until the vegetables soften about 5 to 7 minutes.
In a bowl whip eggs and half and half; stir in ricotta. Add the Parmesan, a pinch of salt, and a grind of pepper. Brush a new pan lightly with oil and place over medium heat. Add the egg mixture, then tomatoes, followed by softened squash potato mix. Cook until the eggs are firm.