- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 Vidalia onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup hot chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, melt butter, saute onion (do not brown). In a food processor or blender, combine onions, chicken broth, almonds, cheese and 1 tablespoon oil. Process until smooth paste forms adding additional oil until desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauce can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week.