Cool Cucumber Soup
- 2 14 -ounce English (seedless) cucumbers
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small scallion, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- Large pinch cayenne pepper
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, optional
- Sliced cucumbers and scallions, for garnish
1. Peel cucumbers, trim ends, and cut in half lengthwise. Scrape out centers and coarsely chop. Crush garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt into a paste with flat side of a chef's knife. Combine cucumber, scallion, garlic, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, buttermilk, and creme fraiche in a blender and process until completely smooth. Add half of each herb and all of cayenne. Pulse to combine.
2. Transfer soup to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and lemon, if desired. Divide among 4 soup bowls; garnish with sliced cucumber, scallion and the remaining herbs.
Total Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 9 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Sodium: 180 milligrams
Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
Fiber: 2 gram
Thank you! your flag was submitted.