Cordornices con Higos (Quail with Figs)
- 4 quail, ready prepared
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bouquet garnish bunch herbs (e.g. thyme, rosemary and oregano)
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 or 8 fresh figs, peeled
- Generous 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated semisweet chocolate
Preheat the oven to 465 degrees.
Rinse and clean the quail and pat dry. Rub them with salt and pepper and tie in shape with string. Grease a casserole with butter. Place the quail, bunch of herbs, bay leaf and onions in the casserole. Sprinkle the quail with flour. Cook them in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the flour has browned. Turn them over and add the figs. Pour on the white wine and then stir in the chocolate. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Serve in the casserole.
Recipe courtesy of Pilar Sanchez