Corn and Tomato Salad with Fresh Oregano
- 15 ears of fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 10 Italian Roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 yellow peppers, diced
- 2 medium red onions, minced fine
- 2 jalapeno or Serrano chiles, stemmed, deveined, seeded if desired and minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pureed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 bunches fresh oregano, washed and picked over to yield 1/4 cup leaves
Bring large pot of water to the a boil and add salt, When it returns to the boil, add 5 ears of corn and cook 3 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside to cool. Drop another five cobs, and repeat process until all corn is cooked. When cool, cut corn from cobs with a sharp knife. Combine cut corn, tomatoes, yellow peppers and red onion in a large bowl. Place chiles, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle in oil while whisking so as to form an emulsion. Pour over vegetables and stir gently to combine. Can be held in refrigerator 2 days or at room temperature 1 hour. Stir in oregano right before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.