Corn Chive Pudding
- 2 (10-ounce packages) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped, reserving pod for another use, or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more to coat casserole
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus 3 tablespoons chopped, as a garnish
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., and butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish, pie plate, or quiche dish.
In a food processor, pulse half of corn until coarsely chopped. In a bowl, stir together chopped corn and remaining corn kernels and sprinkle with sugar and salt, stirring until combined well.
In another bowl whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla seeds, butter, flour, and chives and stir into corn until combined well. Pour pudding into the buttered dish and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake pudding in middle of oven until center is just set, about 45 minutes. Garnish pudding with chives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.