Corn Chive Pudding
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped, reserving pod for
- another use
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- a pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 1 1/2-quart quiche dish or pie plate.
In a food processor pulse 1/2 of corn until chopped coarse. In a bowl stir together chopped corn and remaining corn kernels and sprinkle with sugar and salt, stirring until combined well.
In another bowl whisk together milk, eggs, cheese, vanilla seeds, butter, flour and chives and stir into corn until combined well. Pour pudding into quiche dish or pie plate and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake pudding in middle of oven until center is just set, about 45 minutes. Garnish pudding with chives.