Fleischmann's plus Muffins equals Fluffins! Bake these easy to make Corn Dog Fluffins in a muffin tin, and enjoy any time of day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (OR substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for 1 cup all-purpose)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups very warm water (120°F to 130°F)
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup chopped (¼-inch) pasteurized cheese product, such as Velveeta® OR shredded if making minis
- 4 hot dogs
For Dipping (optional):
- Mustard and ketchup
1. Combine 1½ cups flour, undissolved yeast and salt in large mixer bowl. Add water, oil and honey; beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Gradually add remaining ½ cup flour and cornmeal to make a stiff yet sticky dough.
2. If making regular-sized fluffins, slice hot dogs in half lengthwise and thinly slice. Stir in cheese and hot dogs. Cover bowl and let rest 10 minutes. Portion dough with a scoop or two spoons into 12 (2½ inch) generously greased muffin cups (do not use paper liners).
3. If making mini fluffins, slice each hot dog into 9 pieces. Stir cheese into batter. Cover bowl and let rest 10 minutes. Portion dough into 36 generously greased mini muffin cups. Press a hot dog piece into center of each fluffin.
4. Cover and let rise 35 to 45 minutes. Dough will rise, but not double in size.
5. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes (17 to 20 minutes for minis) until well browned. Let cool on wire rack for 2 minutes. Run a knife around each roll to remove from pan. Serve warm. If desired, serve with mustard and ketchup for dipping. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Freezer Instructions: Completely cool fluffins and place in an airtight container to freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds and serve immediately.