Corn Fritters with Roasted Garlic and Parsley Dipping Sauce
- Canola or corn oil, for frying
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Roasted Garlic and Parsley Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Roasted Garlic and Parsley Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno
- Salt and white pepper
Fill a deep pan or deep-fryer with oil 3 to 4-inches deep, and heat oil to 365 degrees F.
In a medium saucepan, bring milk and butter to a boil. Add flour, and beat with a wooden spoon until it pulls away from the sides of the pan. Off heat, beat in eggs one by one until each one is completely incorporated. Fold in corn and season with salt and pepper.
Drop into hot oil using a small ice cream scoop or piping bag. Let fritters cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Serve with the Roasted Garlic and Parsley Dipping Sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.Roasted Garlic and Parsley Dipping Sauce:
Place everything in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Recipe courtesy of Tanya Holland