- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped scallion greens
Cut corn kernels from ears, discarding cobs. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute corn and season, to taste, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes.
Add garlic and saute, stirring, 1 minute. Add vinegar and cook, stirring, until most is evaporated, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook, gently stirring, 1 minute.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in scallions. Transfer vegetables to a large plate to cool and season with salt and pepper.