Corn Tortilla Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapenos
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 9 cups chicken stock
- 16 (6 to 8inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Garnish: sour cream, fried leeks, diced tomatoes
Heat olive oil in soup pot. Add garlic, jalapenos, red onion, and cumin. Add chicken stock, corn tortillas, and scallions. Simmer 20 minutes. Add lime and cilantro.
To serve, ladle into bowls and top with sour cream, fried leeks, and diced tomatoes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.