Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage and Apples
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, sweet or hot
- 1/2 cup butter,
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 cups cornbread croutons
- 4 cups white bread croutons
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Brown sausage in an ovenproof saucepot that has a lid. With a slotted spoon, remove sausage from the pot and pour out the drippings. Add the butter to the pot and melt over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook, until softened. Add apple and cook, until softened. Add herbs and stir. Return sausage to pot. Add croutons and chicken broth and bake stuffing in the oven at 375 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Note: A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.