Costolette Di Vitello alla Capricciosa (Veal Chop Milanese)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 (10-ounce) bone-in veal chop, pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cored and cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 medium onion, julienned
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine eggs, parsley, Parmigiano, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Place the flour and breadcrumbs in 2 more shallow bowls. Dredge the veal chop in the flour mixture, shaking off excess. Then dip into egg mixture and cover with bread crumbs.
Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, fry the veal until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan onto paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
In a stainless steal or ceramic bowl toss tomatoes, onion, basil, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Plate veal and top with tomato salad.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.