Costolette Di Vitello alla Capricciosa (Veal Chop Milanese)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 (10-ounce) bone-in veal chop, pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cored and cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 medium onion, julienned
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine eggs, parsley, Parmigiano, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Place the flour and breadcrumbs in 2 more shallow bowls. Dredge the veal chop in the flour mixture, shaking off excess. Then dip into egg mixture and cover with bread crumbs.
Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, fry the veal until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan onto paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
In a stainless steal or ceramic bowl toss tomatoes, onion, basil, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Plate veal and top with tomato salad.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Anthony Gargiulo
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali