Country Castle Salad
- Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 pound spinach, soaked in salt water to remove grit, dried in a salad spinner, stems removed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/- inch discs
- 8 radishes, cut into wedges
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Make the dressing by adding 1 at a time through the feed opening of a running blender, vinegar, parsley, marjoram, garlic, salt, and pepper. Leaving the blender running, pour in the olive oil in a slow stream. Set aside briefly.
Combine the spinach, carrots, radishes, and celery in a large bowl and add enough dressing to coat. Serve family style with additional dressing on the side.