- 32 ounces chicken stock or broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 smoked turkey drumette
- 1 tablespoons season salt
- 1 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Dried herbs (blend of dried and ground oregano, thyme, rosemary, black pepper, and basil, recommended: Daddy's)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 dried bay leaf
- 1 large bunch turnip greens
- 1 large bunch mustard greens
- 1 large bunch collard greens
Add all ingredients, except greens, to a large pot. Bring to a simmer for 20 minutes, allowing the smoked turkey to release the flavor.
Remove the stem veins from the greens. Then wash and cut them into large bite size pieces. Add the greens to the pot of stock and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until greens are all tender. Adjust seasoning and serve hot with pot liquor (the juice from the greens).
Recipe courtesy of Deborah Fewell
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay