Couscous Paella with Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 box (10 ounce) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 (10-ounce) box couscous
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
Heat oil in a 8 to 10 quart heavy bottomed pot. Add onion, garlic and sweet peppers; cook until peppers are tender, 8 minutes. Add salt, black pepper, thyme, pepper flakes and turmeric; cook 1 minute. Add broth, water, peas and shrimp. Simmer, covered, 2 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in couscous; cover; let stand 5 minutes. Serve, garnished with olives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.