- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups green beans
- 4 firm, ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 2/3 cups couscous
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Minced fresh cilantro, to taste
In a deep nonstick skillet set over moderate heat, warm the oil until it is hot. Add the mustard seeds and the cumin seeds, and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the gingerroot and garlic, and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
Add the onion and green bell pepper to the seasonings and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add the green beans, tomatoes, and salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes more.
Add the water, bouillon cube, and salt to taste, bring to a boil, stirring, and add couscous. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until liquid is just absorbed.
Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Before serving stir in lemon juice and cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.