Couscous with Arugula and Balsamic Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 cup fine diced yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup diced dried apricot
- 6 cups Moroccan couscous
- 3 cups chopped seedless kalamata olives
- 12 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup snipped chives
- 3 cups feta cheese
- 8 whole Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound baby arugula, for garnish
- For the couscous:
In a heavy sauce pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and lightly saute onions until opaque. Add garlic and saute to aroma. Add the chicken stock, salt, white pepper and dried apricot and bring to a full boil. Place the couscous in a 4 quart pan and pour the chicken stock mixture over and mix thoroughly. Cover tightly and wrap - allow to stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and fold in olives and pine nuts, chives and feta cheese. Meanwhile, fine dice the seedless flesh of the Roma tomato, toss in the 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and white pepper and garnish with arugula.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.