Couscous with Peas, Prosciutto and Mint
From the Food Network Kitchens
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 15 min
- 15 min
- 6 servings
- One 7.6-ounce box plain or whole-wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (6 to 7 slices), cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a small pot. Put the couscous and peas in a large bowl and pour the water over them. Stir once and then cover the top of the bowl with aluminum foil. Set aside to steam for 5 minutes.
2. Uncover the bowl, fluff with a fork and set aside to cool, about 10 minutes. Toss in the prosciutto, mint, lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.