Crab and Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 pound crabmeat, any kind, picked free of shell
- 8 ounces cream cheese, in large dice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard or other coarse mustard
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place 1/2 the crabmeat in the bowl of a food processor. Add 1/3 of the cream cheese, hot sauce, Worcestershire, horseradish, mustard, 2/3 of the green onions, salt, and pepper. Puree, running the processor for about 15 seconds. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula, add 1/2 the remaining cream cheese, and puree until well blended, about 15 seconds. Stop and scrape the bowl again, add the remaining cream cheese, and process until well incorporated. Adjust seasoning. Fold in the remaining onions and crabmeat and serve as a dip. Or, to make canapes, reserve the remaining crabmeat, place the puree in a pastry bag, and pipe it onto crackers or toast points. Season the reserved crabmeat, and garnish the canapes with the crabmeat and the remaining green onions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.