Crab Big Ravioli
- Crab Mousse:
- 5 ounces fresh scallops
- 10 ounces crab meat
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces bechamel
- 1 tablespoon cubed carrots
- 1 tablespoon cubed celery
- 1 tablespoon cubed leeks
- 1 tablespoon cubed daikon
- Butter, to fry
- 1 cup lobster stock
- 1 tablespoon lobster butter
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chopped chives
- Salt, pepper
- 1 large ravioli, cooked al dente
- Lotus root, sliced and fried
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
For Crab Mousse: Finely chop the scallops and mix with the crabmeat in ice bowl. Saute in butter, and add bechamel. Hold warm.
For Vegetables: Panfry the vegetables quickly in butter, until al dente.
For Sauce: Reduce lobster stock by 1/2. Add lobster butter, cream, and 1 tablespoon butter.
Assembly: In the middle of the plate place 1 ravioli pasta. Add crab mousse in the middle. Cover with other ravioli pasta and heat in a broiler. Add chopped chives and salt and pepper to the sauce and cover the ravioli. Serve with vegetables. Finish with fried lotus root and chives.
Recipe courtesy Blue Door, Miami Beach
Avocado and Blue Crab Cakes with a Mango, Papaya and Macadamia Nut Salad Tossed with Spicy Cilantro Dressing
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse