Crab Cakes with Cocktail Sauce
- 1/2 stick sweet, unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Oyster House Cocktail Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish, strained and liquid removed
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommend: Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the bread crumbs, salt, crab boil seasoning, and pepper and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter is fully incorporated. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Put the crabmeat in a large bowl, and pick through to remove all the shells. Add the lemon juice and toss. Mix in the sour cream, egg, flour, parsley, mustard, and prepared bread crumb mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Form the crab mixture into 6 patties, approximately 2 1/4-ounces each. Coat each patty in flour and shake off excess.
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the crab cakes and cook until evenly browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the Oyster House Cocktail sauce on the side.
Oyster House Cocktail Sauce:
Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Sansom Street Oyster House
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay