Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup brunoised red onion
- 1/2 cup brunoised red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup brunoised yellow bell pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 2 fresh jalapeno chiles, seeded and brunoised
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 cups panko, ground to a mealy consistency, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- Remoulade Sauce:
- 1 cup Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced
- 1 cornichon, minced
- 1 or 2 anchovies, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 egg yolk*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup corn oil
In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream, garlic, rosemary, and paprika. Reduce by half. Allow to cool to room temperature. In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. Sweat the onions, red and yellow bell pepper until glossy. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, crab, jalapeno, basil, parsley, tarragon, 1 cup of ground panko, salt, white pepper, reduced cream, and Sauteed vegetables. Carefully mix until well blended.
Scale the mixture into 3-ounce portions. Shape into round, slightly flattened cakes, about 3-inches in diameter by 1/2-inch thick. Coat the crab cakes generously with the remaining panko.
In a saute pan, heat 1/4 cup of clarified butter. Pan fry 6 crab cakes at a time, until golden on 1 side. Turn and transfer to preheated oven and bake for 2 minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining butter and crab cakes. Serve with Remoulade Sauce.Remoulade Sauce:
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients until well blended. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated until needed.
Yield: 2 cupsMayonnaise:
In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, salt, pepper, mustard and lemon juice. Slowly add the oil, whisking all the while until emulsified. Keep refrigerated until needed.
*RAW EGG WARNING
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
Yield: 1 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.