- 36-40, 2-inch diameter fresh mushrooms
- 1cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 5-ounce cream cheese
- 4 ounces of fresh crab meat (drained, flaked, and cartilage removed), or canned
- 4 tsp. green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa, mild or hot
- 2-3 dashes of hot sauce, optional
Clean mushrooms and let dry. Remove stems from mushrooms and place in resealable bag set in a bowl. In another bowl, mix oil, vinegar, pepper and the garlic and pour over the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms in the refrigerator for at least 6-24 hours (the longer the better).
Stir cream cheese and salsa together and fold in the crabmeat. Drain the marinade from the mushroom caps. Pat the caps dry. Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet and fill with crabmeat mixture. Broil (4 inches from heat) for about 5-7 mins until hot and starts to bubble. Serve warm with extra salsa on the side and sprinkle with chopped green onions. If you want, add hot sauce to crabmeat mixture before broiling.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.